Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Government hiding actual details of China's incursion in Ladakh: Top Buddhist leader Rigzin Spalbar | KNO

‘Anyone doing politics on Chinese ‘mischief’ is anti-national’

Published

on

kno news

Ladakh, June 25 (KNO): A top Buddhist leader in Union Territory of Ladakh, Rigzin Spalbar Thursday said Government has failed to narrate the truth about China's incursion in Ladakh that has led to number of contradicting statements within the government with prime minister, defence minister and foreign minister giving varied details which has created immense confusion “within the nation itself.” Spalbar, who also contested elections over a year back on Congress ticket from Ladakh seat said that China over the years has made number of attempts to capture land in Indian Territory and has managed to claim sovereignty because India has maintained silence. Talking to news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Spalbar said that Indian government has not revealed the actual facts to the people of country, especially the ground situation in eastern Ladakh and there is no denial that China again this time has captured the Indian land. He said it is not for the first time that China has attempted to capture the land in Ladakh but has done it in past too even India lost a huge land to China over the years but the only difference is that India lost 20 soldiers in a violent clash after almost 35 years and encroachment China did this time is strategically the most vital vintage position. He said he can't say with authority as to how much of the Indian territory China has claimed but there is no doubt in saying that China has come inside (Indian Territory) There is no fear or tension among the local population here since it’s not for the first time that war like situation is created. “People have witnessed it in the past too and have helped Indian army in every possible manner even the local population has volunteered their services throughout to fight the enemy,” he said. The veteran politician said that China has not been taught a lesson so far by India. He said: "We must realize that China has always betrayed India still. We haven't taught them a lesson as India kept taking things lightly in result of which we have suffered loses and will keep bearing immense loss if appropriate concrete measures aren't taken.” He said people of Ladakh think that India should take a strong stand against China to let them know India won't tolerate China anymore else China will keep encroaching which is loss for the entire local population. "India must talk to China in equal level like a powerful nation same as a sovereign power not by coming down to the knees," he said. Spalbar said China won't engage into war with India. “We have lost land to them without a single gunfire in past. Why would they require a war?” he asked. He said "Now when India has done handsome buildup everywhere, if the China attempts to come more forward then there is no other option other than a war." Spalbar said India must strongly challenge China on international and all other platforms to retrieve the land it has captured over the years and India should also hit at the loopholes of China. Lashing out at the government for not coming clear about the situation, Spalbar said that the  Government has failed to narrate the truth about China's incursion in Ladakh that has led to number of contradicting statements within the government with prime minister, defence minister and foreign minister giving varied details which has created immense confusion within the nation itself.  “Government should not hide the actual situation of Ladakh,” he said. “The biggest mistake government did is maintaining silence and failing to build word opinion and not talking the entire nation into full confidence since there should be nothing to hide"—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

J&K Legislative Assembly 2026 : Over 15,000 human-wildlife conflict cases in 2 years, no major spike: J&K Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

1.64 lakh youth trained under skill development schemes in J&K: Govt informs house | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Uproarious scenes in Assembly over Randhawa’s remarks | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

DPR for Sadhna tunnel in Kupwara underway, Govt tells house | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land encroached in J&K, 14.29 lakh recovered: Govt informs house | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Remarks of BJP MLA against Kashmiris echo in House | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

J&K moving towards lasting peace, will be violence free by 2029: Amit Shah | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

LG Sinha reopens 11 tourist spots in Kashmir, 3 in Jammu | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

34% power shortage likely in J&K, Ladakh during Ramadan | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

Nearly 10,000 cancer patients registered at GMC Srinagar since 2017 | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

Tulip garden likely to open by March 15, weather key: Officials | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

J&K to witness dry weather, higher reaches may see light snowfall next week: MeT | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

Top Army Commanders review Counter Terrorism Grid in Kishtwar | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

Pulwama gets respite, NH-444 link road thrown open | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

Sopore gets drug de-addiction centre | KNO

Copyright © 2021